Dogs are at their happiest digging, scavenging, gnawing, and pawing – all natural dog behaviour. They’re what make our dogs…dogs. So we shouldn’t be at all surprised when they chew our shoes and dig up the garden, because that’s just normal dog stuff. Still, we often consider these natural behaviours to be “behavioural problems.” Hide-A-Squirrel toys are designed with dogs’ natural play patterns in mind. In order to solve our different puzzle plush “problems,” dogs must use their digging, scavenging, gnawing, and pawing skills. And, by allowing them to engage in these natural behaviours, puzzle plush toys create appropriate outlets for dogs’ destructive tendencies. Puzzle Plush toys promise more than just play: they allow our dogs to be themselves.
Encourage your dog to play with these little squirrels, by putting your scent first on them and even perhaps hiding a treat in the tree trunk to make the game more exciting ! Dogs love the challenge of getting the squirrels out – they have squeakers in them too !! Pop the squirrels back in the toy for the game to start over again !! Encourage your dog to ‘bring a squirrel’ for a reward. Dogs just love to toss these cute toy squirrels in the air, chasing after them until they catch one and then carry the little squirrel around in their mouth, bringing out their natural instincts of searching for and catching their prey. A good way to develop eye/paw co-ordination skills. Try tug-a-squirrel game with your dog, they love this too and being a favourite toy at bedtime when they are tired of playing, you’ll see your dog cuddling the Plush Puppies toy and even grooming it !! My Westie just adores this toy and I love playing with him with it !!
- We provide Kyjen Hide A Squirrel Dog Toy boxed
- Choose from Small, Large or Ginormous !!
- Bestselling dog toy in the States for 10 yrs ! (over 1,500 reviews at Amazon.com – read Kyjen Hide A Squirrel reviews)
- Made from durable soft Plush Puppies fabric,non-toxic
- Squirrels have to be pressed quite hard to squeak, so will last longer
- This engaging toy works as a reverse puzzle. You hide the squeaky, plush squirrels inside the plush tree trunk; dogs use their problem-solving skills to sniff them out
- Educational and provides vital mental stimulation which makes for a healthy, happy dog (kids love these too !)
- 3 squirrels
- Machine washable
- Replacement squirrels available